Social Media Intern
Position Title: Social Media Intern
Semester/Year: 2023 Spring Semester
Total Positions Available: 1
Supervisor: Brianna Ritter
Pay rate: $14.20 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 5, 2023
The Social Media Intern will be part of the Career Services team working to update and enhance our social media presence across multiple platforms. Intern will assist in formulating social media plans and then carry them out (with staff supervision). The plan must include an assessment strategy designed to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact. Intern will be invited to attend all staff meetings.
· Creating new (or updated) profiles and pages on multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.)
· Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
· Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
· Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
· Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
· Replying to comments, messages, etc.
· Researching our competitors’ social media presence
· Report findings to the team
· Other duties as assigned
- Candidate should have personal experience with multiple social media platforms.
- Candidate must be able to think strategically about how social media could become a more productive part of our overall communications marketing efforts. The primary objective is NOT just “selling” our services to students, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills, especially short-form writing
- Must have first-hand knowledge and use of the Career Services office
- Willingness to sign a Code of Conduct that will serve as a good faith contract to always represent our office in a professional manner.
- Creative with an eye for design
- Knowledge of video editing software – Basic video editing skills using iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker are preferred but not required
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Willingness to interact with social media sites daily (replying, posting, re-tweeting, etc.)
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented office
Review of applications will begin immediately. You may be contacted by the hiring supervisor for additional information.