IT Services Student Support Technician I (Summer)
Position Title: IT Services Student Support Technician I (Summer)
Semester/Year: Summer of 2023
Total Positions Available: 2-3
Supervisor: Ryan Daniel
Pay rate: $14.20 per hour
Start Date: May 1, 2023
End Date: August 31, 2023
Working as a Student Support Technician I with the IT Services department of Hobart and William Smith Colleges is an opportunity for you to explore and grow your skills in multiple areas of IT Services. A Student Support Technician I is the first point of contact for the community and provide tier 1 support. Student Support Technicians will assist full-time technical staff by working at the IT Services Desk in the Warren Hunting Smith Library providing phone, email, and walk-up support to students, faculty, staff, and all other college constituents.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all customers seeking technical assistance.
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner.
- Assist walk-up customers.
- Call customers when necessary.
- Troubleshoot basic user issues with computers, printers, classroom instructional technology and other systems and equipment on campus.
- Check and supply public campus printers daily.
- Check and maintain teaching stations in classroom spaces daily.
- Create and manage tickets for resolution or escalation.
- Create, update, and maintain technology or service documentation.
· Gather information and specifics from users through various communication methods.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Experience with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate technical processes to non-technical individuals.
- Excellent communication in all forms.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Review of applications will begin immediately; resume and cover letter must be submitted for consideration. You may be contacted by the hiring supervisor for an interview and/ or for additional information.